Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
I am all about some breakfast food. I love it so much. If I was able to, I would go full out Lucy Ricardo and make a big breakfast every day for my husband and I (minus the burnt toast). On Sundays, I usually make a batch of something to snack on for breakfast for the week. I have some great recipes like Yummy Breakfast Casserole and Gluten Free Banana Blender Bread.
I came across this recipe from A Night Owl (the blog name) and thought I would give it a try. It was SO easy to whip up and made the kitchen smell delightful. I took some “cookies” to work the next day and my co-workers ate them UP! So you should give these a try!
What You Will Need:
- 2 Large ripe bananas
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter (i used smooth but you can use crunchy)
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup OR honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups of Old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of toppings (i used chocolate chips and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork
- Stir in the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth
- In a separate bowl, stir the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the beaten egg in and mix until smooth and completely blended.
- Fold in the toppings you choose
- With a spoon, grab chunks of the batter and form into a flat circle and place on a greased cookie sheet. *the cookies do NOT expand so you can place them close together*
- Cook for 12-15 minutes