Ya’ll. This meal is SO easy. So quick. Plus, its SO good! I invented this one day when i was trying to clear out my fridge/ pantry and it ended up being one of our new staple recipes that we use bi-weekly. I prefer gluten free pasta because I don’t do well with a lot of gluten. Plus, I try to avoid it for health reasons. You can check out my blog post on 3 reasons why you should avoid gluten Here.
All you need for this recipe are a few veggies, pasta and spaghetti sauce. You can make it fancy by adding fresh herbs and garlic (which I recommend) or by making your sauce from scratch. It’s all up to you! Be creative!
Super Easy GF Veggies & Pasta
- 1 box of ancient grains gluten free pasta (pick your favorite shape of noodle)
- 1 large squash
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 400 and spray a 9X13 pan with coconut oil (I don’t like PAM),
2. Cut up the squash, zucchini and eggplant into quarter to dime size chunks. Then cut up the cherry tomatoes in halves.
3. Add the cut up veggies, minced garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper into a gallon sized baggy. Zip the top and mix it all around so the olive oil evenly coats the veggies in the bag. Once they are all mixed up, place them evenly on the 9X13 and cook in the oven until fork tender which for me was about 15-18 minutes.
4. While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta according to the box instructions and set aside.
5. Combine 1 can of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Look for one with few ingredients. I usually buy sprouts brand tomato basil and its delicious! Stir until all the noodles are covered in sauce.
6. Mix in the veggies from the oven with the saucy noodles and let it sit for 3-5 minutes to “marry”.